Our Wednesday Newsletter
GOD’S WORD TODAY
“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
THIS SUNDAY September 27 is Confirmation/Discipleship Sunday!
NOTE! One Service 10:00a | *Outdoors | Bring you own lawn chair
Use the fire lane by the education wing to find us in back!
- If you will be joining us, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D4EA8A62BA4FC1-outdoor . *We will move indoors if weather is bad.
- Livestream is at our YouTube Channel (RF Cov). Check it out and subscribe here.
- If you are not coming, consider inviting another person, couple, or family that you feel comfortable to join you at your house for the livestream. Worship together!
- We will celebrate our 14 Confirmands!! Aidan Alton, Keira Anderson, Lauren Aust, Blake Baar, Patrick Cunningham, Grant Dicus, Hailey Dickinson, Lillia Gray, Andrew Hampton, Octavia Heuschele, Camilla Johnson, Anika Loy, Sam Majerus, Molly Plummer.
SPECIAL VOTE DUE TODAY!
The special vote is due tonight by midnight regarding a Nominating Committee Position and the Finance amendment to our constitution shared with you last May. Refer to your e-mail sent Sept. 17 for all the details.
LAKE BEAUTY BIBLE CAMP
2020 Fall Family Week-Ends!
Lake Beauty is offering sessions of Family Weekends this fall! Find out more here.
PASTOR ADAM’S INSTALLATION SERVICE!
Sunday, October 4
We hope you can join us at the Installation service for our new Lead Pastor Adam Christian. We will have two worship services at 8:15 and 10:00a. Kara Stromberg from our Northwest Conference office will be with us to lead the Installation part of the service We will have a meet and greet time with Pastor Adam and Mary after each service. The meet and greet time will be held outside at 9:00a or 10:45a, so please feel free to come for the meet and greet outside even if you are not attending our services at this time. Coffee and cookies will be provided.
MOPS (Mother’s of PreSchoolers)
RF MOPS will meet in small groups this fall in 4 different environments:
- Group 1: Exclusively virtual (via Zoom)
- Group 2: In person, at the church, with masks, no children/childcare
- Group 3: In person, at a group leader’s home, no children/childcare
- Group 4: In person, at a group leader’s home, with children/childcare
We will be starting the week of September 14: Groups 1, 2, and 3 will meet Monday or Tuesday evenings, twice a month. Group 4 will meet Tuesday mornings, twice a month. For questions and to sign up or learn more about these groups, please contact Lindsey Curtis at email@example.com.
MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES: PRAY OR JOIN!
Keep Following Jesus
Please feel free to invite others (or pray) for these opportunities!
- 6:30p – College & Young Adults: Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for the Zoom link!
- 6:30p – SOLID (Sr. High) – Youth Group. Contact Neil Vance for more info.
- A new Middle School Youth Group will start in October. Watch for more info!
- 8:30p – Men’s “IRON” Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Contact Mark Majerus about Zoom link!
- Everyday: Chronological Bible Challenge (Reading through the whole Bible.)
WE WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS!
FirstCov’s “Love Your Neighbor” Project
Let’s unleash the Holy Spirit to work in us with a missional imagination! We want to support YOUR idea that might serve a neighbor, someone in the community, or a group in the community. What can that look like?
- Maybe you’ve had an idea to serve your neighbor next door or a group that’s in need but you’ve lacked money for it.
- You wanted to make a meal for someone but you don’t have money for extra food.
- Know a person, couple, or family that would be blessed with a gift certificate from Papa Murphy’s or Mariachi Loco. (Remember those who are serving in medical areas, grocery stores, etc., too!)
- Could be a larger project that provides something like masks for medical personnel.
- Bring snacks (or buy a meal out) for our medical personnel.
- …any other engagements of neighbor and community that serve and love them in this time.
How to apply? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the idea, who it helps, and what amount you need. We want to prayerfully support as many of these as we can. And we’d love to hear how it goes!
COMMUNITY & OTHER NEWS
Save the date! For RF Municipal Utilities Business and Residential Customers: Sat., Oct. 17 from 9:00a to 1:00p. Electronics Recycling Event at RF Public Works Garage, 950 Benson St. Items accepted at this free, contactless event: computers, monitors, printers, tv’s, vacuums, carpet cleaners, dehumidifiers, cell phones, MP3 Players, laptops, batteries, modems, cables & wires, holiday lights, light bulbs. Please present a form of identification and copy of a recent RF Municipal Utility Bill. Questions? Contact Mike at 715-426-3467 or mnoreen@RFCITY.ORG.
Our Neighbors’ Place was announced as a State Farm Neighborhood Assist finalist for a $25k grant! We are the only nonprofit in Wisconsin that made the final round. Voting begins Wednesday, September 23 and goes until October 2 at this link www.neighborhoodassist.com/entry/2033517. They are hoping for the community’s support in voting for them. Please help us spread the word far and wide. Anyone 18 and over can vote through the link – and you can vote 10 times per day.
Watch the Prayer Rally on the national mall and online this coming weekend. Here is the website https://thereturn.org. Friday night 6-9p, Saturday 9-5p, Saturday night celebration 6-9p. Watch the 9 minute video.