Our Wednesday Newsletter
GOD’S WORD TODAY
Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
NEW OPPORTUNITY THIS SUNDAY MORNING
10:15a Pre-service Worship Singing | 10:45a Worship Service
Join us for some time in worship as we sing to the Lord in a special extended time. The regular worship service will begin at 10:45a. If you can’t join at 10:15a feel free to jump in online at 10:45a! We’d love to “see” you as well as be together. This Sunday is Palm Sunday. Pastor Tim’s sermon is titled “The Quirky Truth” from Matthew 21:1-11.
- Facebook uses our main church FB page: www.facebook.com/firstcovenantchurch. So, if you have already liked and are following it, you will NOT need to do anything!!
- Our YouTube Live link (and you can Subscribe) is here (and just press on the “Live” video): www.youtube.com/channel/UCHosMZl2BA9iDP2QY1hxs-g/featured
- If you know someone who doesn’t have internet, please consider calling them and putting your phone next to the speaker and they can join us at least in listening!
HOLY WEEK LIVE STREAMED
Celebrating a Special Week
Some special services as we celebrate our Risen Lord overcoming death, the devil, and sin.
- Maundy Thursday, April 9th 7:00p **Special Communion Note** This service will have a special time of communion where we invite you to have something you can use for the bread (bread, crackers, etc.) and something for the juice (any liquid) as we remember Christ’s giving of his body and shedding of his blood.
- Easter Sunday, April 12th 10:15a Pre-service Extended Worship Singing | 10:45a Easter Worship Service
Living Into a New Normal
As we continue in this unusual season, we are seeking to develop some avenues for you to continue to support FirstCov’s mission through giving.
- Use your device: www.rfcov.org/give
- Make a Shortcut (“Add to Home”) icon on your phone or tablet:
- Type in address bar www.rfcov.org/give
- Select the “Give” button which takes you to www.covchurchgiving.com
- After the page loads, in upper right-hand corner are 3 dots.
- Click on dots and choose “Add to Home Screen”
- It’s now one of your icons on your phone and actually becomes a shortcut directly to the website.
- You can also mail your tithes/offerings to the church office at 1374 N. Main Street, River Falls.
LAKE BEAUTY BIBLE CAMP (Summer Camps & Family Camps)
NOTE!! Extended Early Bird Deadline is now May 4
FirstCov Camp Policy: Our desire as a church is to work to make sure that finances aren’t a barrier for children and students getting to camp.
For that reason we ask all those that are able to pay for and cover the cost of camp for your children to do so in order that we can use the limited funds we have available to provide scholarships for those that do have financial needs.
Financial Barrier? Scholarship Process: (form now due May 1): If you are in need of a scholarship to help pay for the costs of camp, pick up a scholarship form in the office. We will work to use the scholarship funds we have available to help as many students as possible get to camp.
Remember to use Lake Pepin District when registering for camp! Website: lbbc.com
FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR’S GOOD
Serving Our Community
There are many ways to serve our neighbors during this time. Here are some ideas:
- Pray for their welfare (spiritual, physical, and emotional) in this time.
- Support area businesses. The economic challenge for many businesses will be felt. This is an EXCELLENT resource of River Falls restaurants and stores.
- Call one of our “senior saints” and see if you can pick up something or just talk with them and pray together.
- Give blood. We are hosting a Red Cross blood drive on Tuesday, April 7. They are taking extra safe precautions to ensure donation centers are safe for donors and staff. We have learned that reservations are filled!! If you wish to donate blood, please call (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org to find out where other locations are and their dates. The need is great!
- Census 2020: Because of COVID-19 Census workers are unable to meet with people personally, so they encourage all to answer the questionnaires that were mailed to you from the Census Bureau. It’s important to have everyone counted as Federal aid depends on the numbers in our county. Pierce County is seeking part time census takers to work for about 3 months. Contact Jack Hines at 715-307-1274 to find out more.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Stay Connected in these Days of Social Distancing
Not only does social media offer opportunity to connect as a church, but also to go beyond us to share the gospel in words and actions with others in this time!! Be the aroma of Christ online! FirstCov has two main platforms we connect on:
- FCC Facebook (which has a lot of interaction): https://www.facebook.com/firstcovenantchurch
- Here’s a video to help you learn Facebook. (Go to the description for a topic breakdown to save time.)
- SOLID Youth Group Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/firstcovsolid/
- FCC Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/FirstCovRF/
- SOLID Youth Group Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200859803310835/
NO WEDNESDAY MINISTRIES
Until Further Notice
Here is a Bible study resource we put out each week with resources for adults, youth, and kids. Families, you can try some discussion together too!
Ideas to Reflect on Suffering, Hope, and the Resurrection
Check out these interesting review of a 10 movie ideas. Do you have any?
2019 GIVING STATEMENTS
Let us know how you wish to receive your statement.
If you wish to receive a 2019 giving statement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2019 Giving Statement” in the subject line, or by calling Jackie Wallace at the church office at 715-425-2640. Or you may also leave a note on her desk asking for your 2019 giving statement. You may receive your statement via e-mail, or by mail. Please indicate how you wish to receive your statement when making your request.