Our Wednesday Newsletter
GOD’S WORD TODAY
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18
MEMBER BALLOTS – Due by 3:00 today!
Remember to get your ballots in to the office for the Lead Pastor vote by 3:00p today, Wednesday, August 12. You can e-mail us with your name, phone # and a yes or no vote, or the office will be open 9a-3p to drop off your ballot, or you can drop off in the church mailbox outside by 3:00p (the mailbox is locked and needs a key to open, so your ballot will be safe).
THIS SUNDAY – August 16
IMPORTANT Info for This Week 9:30 Service
Pastor Tim brings us the message from Matthew 9:35-10:4, “Part of the Entourage”.
- If you want to join the physically gathering, <– you can sign up here. Note: we will start congregation singing w/masks.
- Livestream is at our YouTube Channel (RF Cov). Check it out and subscribe here.
- If you are not coming, consider inviting another person, couple, or family that you feel comfortable to join you at your house for the livestream. Worship together!
LAKE BEAUTY BIBLE CAMP
2020 Summer Family Week-Ends!
Lake Beauty is offering sessions of Family Weekends this summer! Find out more here.
MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES: PRAY OR JOIN!
Keep Following Jesus
Please feel free to invite others (or pray) for these opportunities!
- 6:30p – College & Young Adults: Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for the Zoom link!
- 7:00p – Zoom Book Club: The Benedict Option: A Strategy for Christians in a Post-Christian Nation
- 9:30a – Sr. High Bible Study on Philippians – Contact Neil Vance for Zoom link.
- 7:oop – Zoom Book Club: Rediscipling the White Church
- Adult/Youth/Kids/Families Study Resource: We are united in Christ and in study of His Word. Here is a Bible study with Gospel Project resources for adults, youth, kids, as well as family inside.
- Everyday: Chronological Bible Challenge (Reading through the whole Bible.)
WE WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS!
FirstCov’s “Love Your Neighbor” Project
Let’s unleash the Holy Spirit to work in us with a missional imagination! We want to support YOUR idea that might serve a neighbor, someone in the community, or a group in the community. What can that look like?
- Maybe you’ve had an idea to serve your neighbor next door or a group that’s in need but you’ve lacked money for it.
- You wanted to make a meal for someone but you don’t have money for extra food.
- Know a person, couple, or family that would be blessed with a gift certificate from Papa Murphy’s or Mariachi Loco. (Remember those who are serving in medical areas, grocery stores, etc., too!)
- Could be a larger project that provides something like masks for medical personnel.
- Bring snacks (or buy a meal out) for our medical personnel.
- …any other engagements of neighbor and community that serve and love them in this time.
How to apply? Send a note to email@example.com with a short description of the idea, who it helps, and what amount you need. We want to prayerfully support as many of these as we can. And we’d love to hear how it goes!
Grow to Share at Hoffman Park
Tues. Thurs., and Sat. 9am – noon
We grow fresh produce for the RF Food Pantry and local senior living centers. Help us plant, pick berries and vegetables, and maintain the gardens. NO Experience required. Just one hour of your time will help us a lot! North of First National Bank Field at Hoffman Park. www.growtoshare.org. Or contact John at 715-307-4819 for more info.\
Deliver Meals on Wheels! The ADRC’S of Pierce and St. Croix County are looking for volunteers to deliver Meals on Wheels in River Falls. Deliver once a week or fill in as a substitute as needed. We will work with your schedule! You must have your own car, car insurance and a driver’s license. You could be reimbursed 57.5 cents a mile if interested. Please call ADRC at 715-273-6780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to help seniors in your community!