Our Wednesday Newsletter
GOD’S WORD TODAY
Look, I am coming soon! …I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Rev. 22:12-13.
THIS SUNDAY, Nov. 22
Worship Services 8:15a & 10:45a | First Sunday of Advent | Advent
Pastor Adam begins our first Sunday of Advent with Is 64:1-9, Ps 80:1-7, 17-19; 1 Cor. 1:3-9; Mark 13:24-37. This week’s title: Come Lord, Jesus!
Advent devotional resources will start being available this Sunday! Pick them up on Sunday or stop in during the week!
Sign up for in-person worship (masks required):
- Livestream is at our YouTube Channel (RF Cov). Check it out and subscribe here.
- If you are not coming in person, consider inviting another person, couple, or family that you feel comfortable to join you at your house for the livestream. Worship together!
- Hearing impaired?
- Hearing devices are available. Stop by the Sound Booth to pick up.
- Let us know and we’ll get a copy of the sermon text for you to follow along!
Christmas Brunch/Tea | Dec. 5 | 9:30a
Sign up online by clicking here or you can sign up at church on Sundays. Signing up will help in planning our COVID seating arrangements! Speaker will be Diane Brask on “Peace, Shepherds Fear Not!”. We will cater in our brunch.
RESOURCES: ADVENT STARTS SUNDAY
Prepare for Christmas with Great Resources
Along with below, we will also have the Living Hope Advent Resource available FREE on Sunday (or in the office) with options for devo, Bible study, and/or family ideas. There are many good ways to use Advent (the 4 Sundays before Christmas) for preparing to celebrate Christmas. Here are a few:
- Focus on the Family: Advent devotionals for individuals and families from Focus on the Family.
- Download the YouVersion of the Bible on to your phone or tablet or go to www.bible.com for a web-based version for your computer.
- General: Sign up for a Advent/Christmas plan. Goes from a couple days to more. From text based to video. Exploring Christmas songs, grief, and other interesting options.
- Adults & Youth (Older Families): Sign up for daily emails with “The Advent Project”.
- Families with Younger Kids (up through elementary): Connect modern traditions with Jesus’ birth. Join these Buck Denver based devotionals from the c0-creator of Veggie Tales.
- Try “Why Do We Call It Christmas?” here.
- 10 Days with video and then a devotional reading.
- Along with good Scripture, connect modern traditions with Jesus’ birth: What’s in the Bible? Santa Clause? Christmas trees? Surprising and fun connections.
- Try “Buck Denver’s Big Questions About Christmas”. Similar to above, but 12 days long.
- Day 1: Why Is Christmas So Confusing?
- Day 2: Why Do We Call it Christmas?
- Day 3: Why Do We Celebrate on December 25th?
- Day 4: What Year Was Jesus Born?
- Day 5: Why Do We Have Christmas Trees?
- Day 6: Who Is St. Nicholas?
- Day 7: How Did St. Nicholas Become Santa Claus?
- Day 8: Why Does Santa Ring a Bell?
- Day 9: What is Hanukkah?
- Day 10: Where Was Jesus Born?
- Day 11: What Special Message Did the Angels Bring?
- Day 12: Who is Emmanuel?
- Try “Why Do We Call It Christmas?” here.
UPCOMING THANKSGIVING/CHRISTMAS TIME SCHEDULE
Remember These Special Notes!
- Thursday, Nov. 26 Thanksgiving/Office closed (Friday too)
- Sunday, Nov. 29 (First Sunday of Advent)
- Saturday, Dec. 5 9:30a Women’s Christmas Brunch
- Sunday, Dec. 6 (Advent 2)
- Saturday, Dec. 12 and Sun., Dec. 13 5:00-7:30p Free Drive-Thru Living Nativity
- Sunday, Dec. 13 (Advent 3)
- Sunday, Dec. 20 (Advent 4)
- No Sunday School
- 6:30p Light in the Darkness: A Service of Hope for the Hurting Heart
- Thursday, Dec. 24 Christmas Eve Services | 3:00p, 5:00p, 10:00p
- Friday, Dec. 25 Merry Christmas!!!
- Sunday, Dec. 27 Worship Service (Steam Premier) | No in-person service.
- Sunday, Jan. 3 START! All Sunday School classes (2 y.o to Adult)
- First part of January: Parent Conferences for Confirmation-Discipleship.
We continue our Gospel Project study now in the New Testament!! To serve the most and care for those whose health is not as strong, masks are required. Here are options:
- 2 y.o. to 6th Grade: CE Wing rooms
- 7th & 8th Grade (Confirmation/Discipleship class): will meet in double classroom 302/304 (CE Wing)
- High School & Adults: Meeting together in Youth Room
- Dads Book Group: **In Multipurpose Room, reading “Margins” exploring how to deal with a busy life.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOXES
Thank you church family, small groups, youth group!
We are thankful for all of you who packed boxes, donated items, contributed funds, and packed boxes online! Our total # this year was 490.
ANGELS ON EARTH Giving Tree Program
Return gifts by the tree in the Multipurpose room
This year we have been asked to collect personal care items. Return your unwrapped items by next Wed., Dec. 2!
LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS: A Service of Hope for the Hurting Heart
Sunday, December 20 at 6:30p
Whether loved ones missed, trials of body or mind, hopes unmet, let’s come together for comfort and hope for this season…and the new year to come. To share a prayer need about your trial or the name of someone you’d like remembered at the service, please drop them off in the office or send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to invite your friends or neighbors.
MOPS (Mother’s of PreSchoolers)
RF MOPS will meet in small groups this fall in 4 different environments:
- Group 1: Exclusively virtual (via Zoom)
- Group 2: In person, at the church, with masks, no children/childcare
- Group 3: In person, at a group leader’s home, no children/childcare
- Group 4: In person, at a group leader’s home, with children/childcare
Groups 1, 2, and 3 will meet Monday or Tuesday evenings, twice a month. Group 4 will meet Tuesday mornings, twice a month. For questions and to sign up or learn more about these groups, please contact Lindsey Curtis at email@example.com
MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES: PRAY OR JOIN!
Keep Following Jesus
Please feel free to invite others (or pray) for these opportunities!
- 6:30p – College & Young Adults: Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for the Zoom link!
- 5:15-6:15p IGNITE (Middle School) Youth Group!
- 6:30p – SOLID (Sr. High) – Youth Group. Contact Neil Vance for more info on IGNITE and SOLID.
- 8:30p – Men’s “IRON” Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Contact Mark Majerus about Zoom link!
- Everyday: Chronological Bible Challenge (Reading through the whole Bible.)
BY THE NUMBERS
Our Giving Info
Ways to give: 1) Use the collection boxes after worship services, 2) Online at www.rfcov.org and scroll to bottom of main page and click online giving. 3. Drop off in our church outside mailbox, or in the locked drop box by the office and entrance door.
COMMUNITY & OTHER NEWS
Wellhaven Senior Living Christmas Cookie Sale! Each order is $10, and will include an assortment including, peanut butter blossoms, butter spritz, Russian tea cakes, snickerdoodles, and M&M cookies Cookies can be ordered now through Dec. 15 and picked up Dec. 7-18 at Welhaven’s front desk. Date of pick up must be stated when you order. To order, fill out a form (we have some in our church office), or cal Wellhaven at 715-426-4646.
COVID-19 Drive Thru Testings: Free! No insurance needed. Test w/less invasive nasal swab. For anyone with symptoms or close contacts to someone who tested positive. 1) Thursdays Nov, 5, 12, 19, Dec. 3 , at United Fire in Hammond from 10a.-6p. 2). Mondays through Dec. 7th at Pierce Pepin Co-op Services, w7725 US-10, Ellsworth. Also, . 3) UW-River Falls is providing free drive-up testing at David Smith Stadium at Ramer Field. Individuals seeking to be tested need to first register online at http://www.doineedacovid19test.com/. This site will also provide information about testing hours and available appointments.