Our Wednesday Newsletter
GOD’S WORD TODAY
Psalm 27:1-4: The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devoura me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
NOTE! SUMMER WORSHIP TIMES BEGIN THIS SUNDAY MORNING | May 24
9:00a Pre-service Worship Singing | 9:30a Worship Service
This Sunday, Pastor Tim brings the message from Ephesians 4:25-5:2, “Practice Makes Perfect”.
- Facebook Live from our main church FB page. Like and Follow the page for updates.
- Check out the YouTube direct live stream link or our YouTube video library (and you can Subscribe to our channel too). Just press on the “Live” video.
- Missed last week’s? You can find last week’s service here.
- If you know someone who doesn’t have internet, call them and put the phone next to your speaker.
- We welcome your support of FirstCov’s mission and you can give online: www.rfcov.org/give.
PRAY FOR STAFF’S REFRESHING
Jake has served FirstCov as Technical Arts Director as well as many other roles over the years. His ministry among us has been meaningful and rich as well as very full. As a result, at the beginning of the year, he requested this summer to renew and refresh as well as provide more direct comfort and care for his family. We are grateful for how he has equipped others for his roles over this past year, including training Andrew Ertsgaard as Lead Sound/AV/Lighting Technician. To this end, Andrew will be acting TAD this summer. Jake is still in the area so give him thanks as well as keep him in prayer in this special time of renewal. Thank you Jake! May God’s grace strongly rest upon you in this special time!
WE WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS!
FirstCov’s “Love Your Neighbor” Project
**We’ve received some generous donations so please help spend it in Kingdom-building ways!!** Let’s unleash the Holy Spirit to work in us with a missional imagination! We want to support YOUR idea that might serve a neighbor, someone in the community, or a group in the community. What can that look like?
- Maybe you’ve had an idea to serve your neighbor next door or a group that’s in need but you’ve lacked money for it.
- You wanted to make a meal for someone but you don’t have money for extra food.
- Know a person, couple, or family that would be blessed with a gift certificate from Papa Murphy’s or Mariachi Loco. (Remember those who are serving in medical areas, grocery stores, etc., too!)
- Could be a larger project that provides something like masks for medical personnel.
- Bring snacks (or buy a meal out) for our medical personnel.
- …any other engagements of neighbor and community that serve and love them in this time.
How to apply? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the idea, who it helps, and what amount you need. We want to prayerfully support as many of these as we can. And we’d love to hear how it goes!
Keep Following Jesus
Please feel free to invite others who may be served by these opportunities!
- Tuesday, 7:00p – Worship Time: Come enjoy some time singing and praising God. Go to our Facebook page.
- 6:30p – Prayer Gathering/Meeting Let’s go before the Lord with one another’s concerns as well as draw near to Him. Zoom link here.
- 6:30p – SOLID (Sr. High) – Youth Group. Contact Neil Vance for Zoom link.
- 8:30p – Men’s “IRON” Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Contact Mark Majerus about Zoom link!
- Adult/Youth/Kids/Families Study Resource: We are united in Christ and in study of His Word. Here is a Bible study with Gospel Project resources for adults, youth, kids, as well as family inside.
- 2:00p – Sr. High Bible Study on Acts – Contact Neil Vance for Zoom link.
PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS: RESOURCES FOR KIDS
Try Some of These
One way we have peace in changing times is by worshipping God. In worship, we remind ourselves who He is, His power, as well as His love and grace. Our kids benefit from such worship especially in days such as these. Check out these playlists for your children or grandchildren! Thanks to our BLAST Children’s Ministry Team and Emily, our worship leader for their work on this!
- Kids Worship Playlists
- Roar VBS: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5BZgADakRtINx6SngF4C5h
- Shipwrecked VBS: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5JiusAxuC3raErWmFzXIu4
- General Kids Worship: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1dYoXv1N8jJx9CPuntemYq
- Our Sunday Kids Worship: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4SbcM1evR5FZaaUd8uGEgx
- Video (with actions): Check out this playlist of videos .
- 20 Ways to Help Your Children Process the Pandemic
ZOOM SUMMER BOOK CLUB
Exploring Following Jesus in Our Times
As we reflect on this time of the church and the world we live, join this read of “The Benedict Option: A Strategy for Christians in a Post-Christian Nation”. We’ll use this book NOT as a plan (you may even disagree with parts) but for a beginning place to pray and discern a life of following Jesus in our “today”. Otherwise, no hardcore plan–just time to talk and pray. Come join us! Sign up here!
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Stay Connected in these Days of Social Distancing
Not only does social media offer opportunity to connect as a church, but also to go beyond us to share the gospel in words and actions with others in this time!! Be the aroma of Christ online! FirstCov has two main platforms we connect on:
- FCC Facebook (which has a lot of interaction): https://www.facebook.com/firstcovenantchurch
- Here’s a video to help you learn Facebook. (Go to the description for a topic breakdown to save time.)
- SOLID Youth Group Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/firstcovsolid/
- FCC Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/FirstCovRF/
- SOLID Youth Group Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200859803310835/
Ways to Give
As we continue in this unusual season, we are seeking to develop some avenues for you to continue to support FirstCov’s mission through giving.
- Use your device: www.rfcov.org/give
- Make a Shortcut (“Add to Home”) icon on your phone or tablet:
- Type in address bar www.rfcov.org/give
- Select the “Give” button which takes you to www.covchurchgiving.com
- After the page loads, in upper right-hand corner are 3 dots.
- Click on dots and choose “Add to Home Screen”
- It’s now one of your icons on your phone and actually becomes a shortcut directly to the website.
5 TIPS FOR AT-HOME INTERNET SPEED
Our Northwest Conference Shares Ideas