Join us as we continue to pray and seek God's call for FirstCov in this season of ministry. Our hope is that our faithfulness today will serve those who are part of FirstCov tomorrow. Check out this post and stay up to date on information and know how to pray as we continue on the journey toward being a healthy, missional church.
- Continued Prayer for the “Congregational Vitality Process” Pathway - Vitality is not a program; it is a process, an organic pathway, a movement. As we simply walk the pathway, we begin to develop a common language and an understanding of vitality; our hearts become more responsive to the Holy Spirit's lead; old wounds are healed; ministry is released; resources are aligned; and people become Christians: the list goes on and on.
- Pray for the Vitality Team - Pastor Todd, Pastor Brian, Jeff Carow, Tom Nelson, Steve Schalla, Krista Majerus, Tom Nelson, Robert Curtis, Melissa Falde, Chris Mueller, and Pat Stevens serve on this team. The team met on February 8th.
- Pray for the Pastors and FirstCov Staff - To find strength and encouragement during the process and to respond to what God wants, to what God is saying, and to what God is doing.
- Prayer Team – The Wednesday night prayer team is praying for the Vitality Team pathway process. In addition, the Vitality prayer warriors that have committed to keeping the Vitality Pathway process covered with intentional prayer are: Bob Hoaglund, Bill and Jean Hickox, Linda (Steve) Johnson, Tina Hull, Sandy Payfer, Jake Jacobs, Danielle Ertsgaard, Angie Branum, and Bob and Deb Gilbertson. The Clarion also lists these points and we hope everyone will partner with the members of this team.
- Relational Covenant – That we would integrate the covenant into the normal and natural life of the church, as it is a physical reminder that the way we relate to each other in Christian love is a powerful witness. Read about it here.
- Biblical Story Workshop – Joshua 1:1-11 (Preparing to cross the Jordan River) best represents our church and will be used as a frame of reference throughout the Pathway process. The Holy Spirit was alive and moving through the fellowship and successful journey to seek this powerful bible story. Read about the time here. Pastor Todd is currently delivering a Sermon series, entitled: "Joshua: Overcoming Challenges to Experiencing God's Promises".
- Communicate – The Vitality Summary booklet was distributed on January 28th at the Congregational Meeting, which provides the data gathered and tasks completed by the Vitality Team. Copies are available in the church office. Stay up to date and informed in these ways:
- Looking Forward – We are registered for PULSE: A Congregational Vitality Assessment Tool. This survey will measure our church's current reality and trajectory using the metrics from Veritas. It will be accessible in early April and will invite ages 12 and up to a 30-minute online assessment. To make the survey most accessible, computers (and help!) will be available during designated times. This survey is a vital part of the overall Vitality Pathway process and to gain the most accurate assessment, we need each person (member and regular attendee) to complete the survey.