Our prayer this month focuses on a Life Transforming Walk with Jesus. Learn more below.
The Service of Consecration has marked our covenant together to continue the journey of becoming a Healthy Missional Church that is in front of us.
This month, let us continue to bathe the Vitality Process in prayer.
A Life Transforming Walk with Jesus as a Missional Marker means:
- We teach our people how to be attentive to Christ in all circumstances.
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” John 3:3 (NIV)
- Our people understand the radical nature of the message and mission of Jesus that continually destructs and reconstructs a person’s life.
“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30 (NIV)
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to use a variety of spiritual growth resources, experiences, and settings.
“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
- 80% of believers surveyed indicated that having a deep personal commitment to the Christian faith is a top priority
- When asked what is the most important thing they hope to accomplish in life, only 20% mentioned anything directly related to spiritual growth
- 95% of adults acknowledge that their church encourages spiritual growth
- 50% believe that discipleship is in the top 3 priorities of their church
- 9 out of 10 adults surveyed indicated that if their church helped them to identify specific spiritual‐growth goals to pursue, they would at least listen to the advice and follow parts, if not all, of it
Let our prayers be heard this month, that First Covenant Church dwells daily in the Word of God and that His Words linger on our lips in sharing what we know.
Will you pray:
Father God, We are Your Children of light, but often we do not feel equipped to press on with the work You have instructed us to do. Send your Holy Spirit to guide us on the path you have laid out before us, even before time began. Draw us near to You, removing all the empty and broken pieces of ourselves, so that we may be filled with Your goodness and wholeness. Because of Christ Jesus’ death on the cross, we have the Living Water and are filled with the power of the Spirit. Help us to lean on you in all circumstances and prepare our hearts to be ready and willing for worship, for devoted time reading your Word, and for being in Your presence daily. Shape us in your image, over and over again. In Jesus’ most Holy and perfect name we pray, Amen.
Care to Comment?
- In what ways are you becoming more like Jesus, being His hands and feet in this world?
- How do you see the Spirit at work in your life?
- What resources do you use to live a life more like Jesus?