FamilyLife offered some good ideas for new traditions. Read more about all fourteen here.
1. Capture family stories.
2. The gift of salvation.
3. Give each child just three gifts. (Gold, Fankincense, and Myrrh)
4. Bless an unwed mom with a gift for her baby.
5. Remember that your spouse is a gift from God.
6. Make stars to help the children understand that Jesus is the "light of the world" (John 8:12).
7. Interact with family members using a set of Adorenaments®—His Christmas Names.
8. Give Jesus "birthday gifts."
9. Choose a new time to celebrate Christmas.
10. Pray for family holiday gatherings.
11. Prepare the manger for baby Jesus.
12. Reach out to someone you know who lost a loved one during the year.
13. Sleep on a hard floor.
14. Help the kids think of others.