GOD’S WORD TODAY
And I am the foremost of sinners; but I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience for an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. 1 Timothy 1:15-16
TONIGHT! WEDNESDAY MINISTRIES
Something for Everyone
Come check these out:
- 3:30-5:00p Confirmation (7th-8th grade)
- 5:30-6:10p Suppers (Donation requested)
- Awana (K-6th grade)
- Confirmation (7th- 8th grade)
- SOLID Youth Group (9th-12th grade)
- 6:30-7:30p Prayer Group (adults)
THIS SUNDAY: SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
For Ages 2 y.o. To Adult | Sundays 9:30-10:30a
Adults have two options this term:
- YOUR DIVINE DESIGN: This Chip Ingram study explores how to discover, develop and deploy your spiritual gifts. Room 301.
- THE GOSPEL PROJECT begins a new unit as we explore “Into the Promised Land” as God brings the people to the land in the books of Numbers and Deuteronomy (with New Testament overlaps). (Read below about our all-age Gospel Project curriculum.) Room 302
BEGINS THIS SUNDAY! PRAY!: FIRSTCOV WEEK OF PRAYER & 24-HOUR PRAYER VIGIL
FirstCov Week of Prayer :: Sunday, April 28 to Saturday, May 4
On Sunday, April 28 a prayer resource for the week will be in your bulletin. The 2019 theme is ”Crushed Olives, Enduring Light.” Seek the Lord for yourself and others in this special week focused on prayer.
24-Hour Prayer Vigil :: Friday, May 3 (Noon) to Saturday, May 4 (Noon)
The FirstCov Week of Prayer culminates in the 24-Hour Prayer Vigil! Join this powerful time of seeking God’s work for your life, our life as a church, our community, and the world He loves. Ask your co-workers, friends, and neighbors for their prayer needs and drop them off in the office.
- Come to Pray: Sign-up for a prayer hour @theHub or online here .
- Submit prayer requests by filling out a prayer card at the table or online here. Reach out to your co-workers and neighbors to see if they have requests they’d like shared too.
- Host a Prayer Hour and welcome and serve those coming by signing up @theHub or online here. (You do not lead any prayer: It is all silent. See info at the link for more.)
WOMEN’S SPRING TEA
Saturday, May 4 | 10:00a
For Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, Friends! If you will be coming to the tea sign up here. If you would like to sign up to bring breads, muffins, cookies please sign up here. Carole Kruger will be our special speaker!
ENERGY PACK MAKING - All Church Event
Sunday, May 5 | 9:30a
This year we are doing the energy packs as they have plenty of sandwiches! This helps the homeless in the Twin Cities. No Sunday School.
Sign Up Now! WOMEN MINISTRIES
Conference & National Event…& It’s Near Us!!
I AM Triennial gathering for women by women! We are fortunate to have the Triennial close by us this time!. It is being held July 18-21 at Marriott City Center in Minneapolis. VIsitiam.covchurch.org to learn more about the event. Save $30.00 by registering by March 31. Let Wendi Blaubach, Wendy Larson, Lanette Harsdorf or the office know if you are interested in going. We don’t have to stay in a hotel since it’s so close but if you would like too, let us know so we can save money by sharing rooms! Check @theHub for an invitation letter from Michelle Sanchez and registration forms.
FOCUS ON LIFE
April Theme: Substance Abuse
The Social Concerns Ministry Team provides this monthly reminder for you, your family, and your small group! Check out the April Clarion or this summary blog post here to learn more and see this year’s themes. (Subscribe to the blog on the right to get updates in your Inbox.)
MONTHLY RESOURCE FOR FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP
April Theme: Teaching Kids a God-Inspired Vision of Sexuality
Each month, this table will have a resource related to family life (parenting, marriage, etc.)!
It’s never too early to share God’s vision on sexuality. See the table for some great resources! (These will always be available by seeing Pastor Brian after this month too.)
- Check-out age-appropriate resource at the table.
- Learn from a free copy of FirstCov’s human sexuality guidelines (lists other resources too).
- Sign up on the YouVersion Bible app for “Parenting in a Sexualized Digital Age” or click here.
FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN OPPORTUNITY!
Packing: Saturday, May 18
Packing event! 4:30p and leaving church at 3:30p. Sign up @theHub or by clicking here. Young people of all ages are welcome when accompanied by parents or adults.
- WANT TO JOIN A GROUP? A key place we grow is with others. God works in our groups through: 1) relationships & community, 2) Study and Growing toward maturity, 3) Prayer & Care, 4) Missional Service. It’s a GREAT time!! There’s one on Sunday nights: 6:00-6:30 social; study 6:30-8:00p. See Dan and Terri Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the office to get connected.
- Men’s “IRON” Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Thursdays at 8:15p. Contact Mark Majerus about location (email@example.com).
- College & Young Adults:
Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for more info!
- Join a group your age for some fun, study, and connecting after our 10:45a Sunday Worship Services.
- There is also a lunch on the first Sunday of the month after the 10:45 service. Join us THIS SUNDAY, APRIL 7!
The Gospel Project: STUDY THE BIBLE ACROSS GENERATIONS
Sunday School Series: Children, Youth, & Adults
With opportunities for personal, small group, & family use!! Join us as we study the same Bible passages across ages!! Our Ministry Teams of Children, Youth, and Adult have all gotten behind this great opportunity!
- Study the whole Bible in an accessible way (and you can join any time to benefit!)
- See how the WHOLE Bible is pointing to Jesus (not just the New Testament).
- Our generations, including families, will be studying the SAME PASSAGES so there is opportunity for deeper discussions across ages.
Where Can I Find It? Children, Youth, and Adults participate in Sunday School. (Middle School will be doing it regularly but High School more intermittently.)
How May You Gain?
We invite and encourage you to consider being part of this for a couple reasons:
- Have the opportunity to study the whole Bible with others.
- Be equipped to engage your family or other generations who are studying the same passages.
- Have Jesus glorified to you in new ways (especially has you study the OT).
- Use the resources given to the children and youth as a teaching time with your child.
SAVE THE DATE!
“ROAR” Vacation Bible School!
Life is Wild - God is Good! Mark your calendars for our VBS African Adventure “ROAR” from July 28-August 1 from 6:8:30p at FirstCov.