GOD’S WORD TODAY
Isaiah 54:10: "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
CURRENT SERIES: HIGH ENERGY FAITH
This Week’s Message is from 1 Corinthians 13
Pastor Todd will share on what Biblical love is and is not.
GROWING IN GROUPS
Need to Connect with a Small Group?
A key place we grow is with others. God works in our FirstCov groups through: 1) relationships & community, 2) Study and Growing toward maturity, 3) Prayer & Care, 4) Missional Service. It’s a GREAT time!! There’s one on Sunday nights: 6:00-6:30 social; study 6:30-8:00p. See Dan and Terri Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the office to get connected.
THIS SUNDAY: NEW UNIT BEGINS IN SUNDAY SCHOOL
The Gospel Project Sunday School Series: Children, Youth, & Adults
And, adults, this is a three-session unit and a great time to come and see what the Gospel Project is about! All our ages are studying the same passages so not only is it personally impacting but can also help you connect with other generations or your family. Join us as we continue to study ALL of the Bible over ALL the ages so we can ALL love and know God and His story better! **See the description below in this e-news for info on the Gospel Project.**
THIS SATURDAY: AWANA
Grand Prix Race Notes
Come cheer on the kids in these fun races!!
- Sat., Feb. 16: Awana Grand Prix race day! 9:30a-12:00p ( racing begins at 10:00a.)
THIS FRIDAY: FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN
Come join us as we head to the Eagan packing facility to pack food! Leaving church at 5:00p and working from 6:00-7:30p. There are 5 spots open yet. Sign up here for Friday, February 15 OR Friday, March 15!
INVEST IN YOUR MARRIAGE & "Escape the Ordinary!"
Simulcast of the XO Marriage Conference | Friday, Feb. 22 to Saturday, Feb. 23
Buy tickets here! We will be hosting a simulcast here! Hear from marriage expert Jimmy Evans, Dave & Ashley Willis, plus many others about tips on a healthy thriving marriage. Gather for a special time to grow your relationship with each other and God. Check out a recap from last year here!
- Friday: (6:00p Check-In and Social) 7:00-9:00p | Saturday: (8:00a Check-In) 9:00a-4:30p
- $15/person and $30/couple (includes treats for Friday and Saturday’s lunch)
ICE SKATING PARTY!
Sunday, February 24 | 3:00-6:00p | UWRF Hunt Arena
*Grab your neighbor or invite a friend!!* Whether you skate or not, come join this special all-church family and your friends even! To invite your friends and neighbors, there is a coupon for a $2.00 off rental or $1.00 for snacks.
LAKE BEAUTY BIBLE CAMP SUNDAY
Sunday, Februrary 24 | 9:30-10:30a
Two important opportunities:
- Grades 1 to High School: a special time with the camp rep. (Meet in their classrooms first.)
- LBBC Parents’ Meeting: At the same time to share new scholarship policy and clarify a few other smaller policies surrounding transportation, etc. (Meet in Youth Room.)
FOCUS ON LIFE
February Theme: Human Trafficking
Keep using the prayer list from Sunday on various life issues!! And learn about this important area with information, prayer, and tangible steps (right here!) for being Christ’s hands and feet in the world! The Social Concerns Ministry Team provides this monthly reminder for you, your family, and your small group! Check out thissummary blog post here to learn more and see this year’s themes. (Subscribe to the blog on the right to get updates in your Inbox.)
MONTHLY RESOURCE FOR FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP
February Theme: Grow Your Marriage from Good to Great!
Each month, this table will have a resource related to family life (parenting, marriage, etc.)!
Marriages don’t grow on their own. And God has more planned than just getting by. Two ideas:
- Check Out Resources at the Table: Sign out a resource at the table or take it and let the office know you have it.
- XO Marriage Conference Register for this event that we are simulcast for! See the info in this e-news below for more.
SPAGHETTI LUNCH AND SILENT AUCTION
Support CHIC Students | Sunday, March 17
Come support with an enjoyable meal or check out some great auction items! Great items and opportunities to check out.
- WANT TO JOIN A GROUP? A key place we grow is with others. God works in our groups through: 1) relationships & community, 2) Study and Growing toward maturity, 3) Prayer & Care, 4) Missional Service. It’s a GREAT time!! There’s one on Sunday nights: 6:00-6:30 social; study 6:30-8:00p. See Dan and Terri Pearson (email@example.com) or the office to get connected.
- Men’s "IRON" Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Thursdays at 8:15p.Contact Mark Majerus about location (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- College & Young Adults:
Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for more info!
- Join a group your age for some fun, study, and connecting after our 10:45a Sunday Worship Services.
- There is also a lunch on the first Sunday of the month after the 10:45 service.
The Gospel Project: STUDY THE BIBLE ACROSS GENERATIONS
Sunday School Series: Children, Youth, & Adults
With opportunities for personal, small group, & family use!! Join us as we study the same Bible passages across ages!! Our Ministry Teams of Children, Youth, and Adult have all gotten behind this great opportunity!
- Study the whole Bible in an accessible way (and you can join any time to benefit!)
- See how the WHOLE Bible is pointing to Jesus (not just the New Testament).
- Our generations, including families, will be studying the SAME PASSAGES so there is opportunity for deeper discussions across ages.
Where Can I Find It? Children, Youth, and Adults participate in Sunday School. (Middle School will be doing it regularly but High School more intermittently.)
How May You Gain?
We invite and encourage you to consider being part of this for a couple reasons:
- Have the opportunity to study the whole Bible with others.
- Be equipped to engage your family or other generations who are studying the same passages.
- Have Jesus glorified to you in new ways (especially has you study the OT).
- Use the resources given to the children and youth as a teaching time with your child.