GOD’S WORD TODAY
Psalm 28:7-8 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Series: Experiencing Eternity Today | 8:15a and 10:45a
Pastor Tim concludes our fall series with this week’s sermon titled We’re Never Alone and John 21:4-12, 15-19.
SUPPORT THE ECUADOR MISSION TRIP!
Special 4-Course Sit-Down, Served Meal | Saturday, November 2
Beginning at 6p, join a special evening of great food! Tickets on sale until October 27 for $45 per person. Buy tickets from a member of the team before and after services or stop by the office to purchase your ticket. Limited numbers available- get yours before they're gone!
MISSION MINISTRY TEAM NEWS
- This Sunday, October 20, Debi Emery will present her work with CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) at a noon luncheon at China Moon. Debi works with Middle School and High School students in Mid-western Wisconsin. Please join us in hearing about her work as she is raising support with prayers and finances.
- The Mission Ministry Team will be meeting the third Sunday of each month at 9:30 a.m. starting in October. Anyone interested in missions may attend. Current members of our Mission Ministry team include: Jim Harsdorf (Team Leader) Linda Johnson, Joni and Dave Kolb, Virginia LaMonica, Linda Lundstrom, and Mark Gabriel as the Leadership Team liaison.
Local and District Info!
· Our Women’s Ministry Team is asking for donations of GOOD quality DARK washcloths for the Days for Girls kits. There is a sign up @theHub and also a sample of a washcloth. We will need 80 washcloths by October 16. Then join us this Friday, Oct. 18 at Terri Pearson’s home as we will be assembling the Days for Girls kits and then have popcorn and a bonfire after. We’d love for you to join us!
· The women of Prairie Lake Covenant Church, Chetek invite you to the Lake Pepin District Women Fall Gathering on Saturday, October 19, 10:00 am. We will gather for a time of worship and our Lake Pepin Women memorial service, a potluck continental breakfast and an open forum of discussion as to the direction the district women ministry is going. We ask for your input and ideas so please give some thought to this topic and be ready to share in this discussion. We are asking that those ladies attending please bring quick breads, muffins, or pastries to share. Prairie Lake ladies will provide beverages and serving/tableware. We would appreciate knowing an approximate number of women from your church who may attend by Thursday, October 17. You may reply by text/call at 715-458-2008. We will be carpooling from church, contact Wendy Larson or the church office if you are interested in going!
· Check your mailboxes and the bulletins for info on a Baby Shower for Kaytlynn Griem, and a Bridal Shower for Amanda Weber coming up in November!
NOVEMBER MEN’S BREAKFAST (Everyone invited!)
Saturday, Nov. 2 | 8:00a
Alex Call, son of FirstCov’ers Marv & Katy, will share as a disciple of Christ and Major League Baseball Player! Sign up @theHub or HERE!
FOCUS ON LIFE
This Quarter’s Theme: Domestic Violence
Learn about this important area in the Clarion with information, prayer, and tangible steps for being Christ’s hands and feet in the world! The Compassion-Mercy-Justice (CMJ) Ministry Team provides this monthly reminder for you, your family, and your small group!
How You Can Help Now
You can help Turningpoint, the shelter serving victims of domestic violence in Pierce and St. Croix Counties by donating household and personal care items that victims will need as they transition back to their homes. Some of the most essential items include gas cards, taxi vouchers, common over the counter drugs such as Tylenol and cold medications, diapers, sanitary napkins, sanitary wipes, toilet paper, laundry soap, garbage bags, shampoo, toothpaste, and Kleenex. A collection basket will be available in the multi-purpose room by theHub through out October. We hope you will show your support for the tireless and often difficult work of Turningpoint by making a donation. Thank you for your support. CMJ Ministry Team.
Special Panel Discussion
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: 3 Perspectives. A panel discussion held in observance of Domestic Violence Awareness month. On Sun., Oct. 27, 9:30-10:30a in room 302/304. Participants: Amy Dieke, Regional Coordinator for Domestic Violence Prevention with our Northwest Conference, Officer Tom Overland, RF Police Department, Amy Berg, Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence. Sponsored by our Compassion, Mercy & Justice Ministry Team.
9:30-10:30a | Ages 2 y.o. to Adult
Gospel Project! Check them out for you and your family!
- Children: Sunday School
- Middle School: Sunday School
- High School: Intermittently in Sunday School
- Adults: Sunday School
How May You Gain?
We invite and encourage you to consider being part of this for a couple reasons:
- Have the opportunity to study the whole Bible with others.
- Be equipped to engage your family or other generations who are studying the same passages.
- Have Jesus glorified to you in new ways (especially has you study the OT).
- Use the resources given to the children and youth as a teaching time with your child.
Adult options: 1) Young Dads group meeting in the Multipurpose Room, 2) The Gospel Project
Local Harvest Potluck
This Sunday, Oct 20 starting at 3:30p Rush River Lutheran Church, N8623 County Road Y. River Falls. Hosted by Hope for Creation: RF communities of Faith partnering for a more sustainable future. Bring a potluck dish to share. To reduce waste, bring your own plate, silverware, cups. Car pool with friends! Come and enjoy autumn in this historic rural setting. Play yard games, try out the cider press. Meet others who share your concern for caring for our earthly home. Contact Jeannie Wespetal 715-425-8472 for more info.
Red Cross Blood Drive HERE!
The need is constant. The gratification is instant. Give blood! Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 1:00-7:00p here at FirstCov. To reserve a time, call 1-800-RED CROSS (733-2767) or online at www.redcrossblood.org. Enter sponsor code: riverfallswi. Walk-ins are also welcome!
UWRF International Friendship Project: Share Life Locally – Connect Globally.
Incoming International UWRF students represent 13 different countries! If you would like to be a partner with a student or learn more contact Kelsey McLean at Kelsey.email@example.com or 715-425-3238.
TONIGHT! WEDNESDAY MINISTRIES
Something for Everyone
- 3:30-5:00p Confirmation (7th-8th grade)
- 5:30-6:10p Suppers (Donation requested.)
- Awana (K-6th grade)
- Confirmation (7th- 8th grade)
- SOLID Youth Group (9th-12th grade)
- 6:30-7:30p Prayer Group (adults)
- 8:45-10:00p IRON: a men’s group