This sermon series, "B.L.E.S.S.", is an acronym that will provide helpful practical ideas for sharing Christ's presence and the hope of the gospel with those around you. Check out these practical ideas below on our first one "Begin in Prayer" with these ways to pray. (More info and resources for all themes here.)
Take the short list from your B.L.E.S.S. card with the people whom you long to see commit to faith in Christ. Place the list inside your Bible, on your dashboard, or on a note in your cell phone. Commit to start every day with prayer asking God to use you to bless someone in your world who does not know him. Not sure what to pray? Here are some ideas:
- Pray that ___________ will become thirsty for God (John 7:37-39).
- Pray that the Father will draw ________ to Jesus (John 6:44-45)
- Pray that ___________ will become open to God’s truth (2 Corinthians 4:4-6).
- Pray that _____ will become receptive to God’s grace (Romans 3:23-24; Titus 3:4-7).
- Prayer for _____’s heartfelt conviction of sin and their need for God (John 16:8-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5)
- Pray for ______ to take genuine steps of repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10).
- Pray that _____will clearly experience God’s love (1 John 4:7-10, 19-21).
- Pray that _______ will develop a heartfelt and willful belief and acceptance of Jesus as King and Lord (John 10: 27-30)
- Pray for ______to develop deep spiritual rootedness in Christ (John 15:5; Colossians 2:6-7).
- Pray for _______ to reproduce God’s mission to others who are far from God (Matthew 28:18-20).
Read or order these resources for more helpful info here. (The above also came from this website.)
- Article: 10 Daily Prayers to Boost Your Outreach
- Book: Red Moon Rising: How 24/7 Prayer is awakening a generation
- Book: (Im)Possible: Discover the joy of a prayer, care, share life