GOD’S WORD TODAY
Psalm 30:5: His anger lasts a moment; his favor lasts for life! Weeping may go on all night, but in the morning there is joy.
THIS SUNDAY! SPECIAL SPEAKER
Rev. James Tang, Missionary in South Sudan
Rev. James Tang serves with Sudanese Ministries; Christian Formation; Community Development. His message is: MAKING DISCIPLES IN THE MIDST OF SUFFERING. His home church is Fridley Covenant, in Fridley, MN.
TONIGHT: NO WEDNESDAY MINISTRIES
Returning Next Week
THANK YOU to ALL those who make these ministries possible! We appreciate you! These will be returning next week Wednesday, April 3.
- 3:30-5:00p Confirmation (7th-8th grade)
- 5:30-6:10p Suppers (Donation requested)
- Awana (K-6th grade)
- Confirmation (7th- 8th grade)
- SOLID Youth Group (9th-12th grade)
- 6:30-7:30p Prayer Group (adults)
NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
Two Great Options
- YOUR DIVINE DESIGN: This Chip Ingram study explores how to discover, develop and deploy your spiritual gifts. Room 301.
- THE GOSPEL PROJECT begins a new unit in Exodus and Leviticus about God and worship. Read below about our all-age Gospel Project curriculum. Room 302
Getting to know each other!
Sign up here or @theHub and you will be matched with others to form a group. A great way to build stronger relationships with each other and provide an opportunity for newer attendees to get to know others. Please sign up by Monday, March 25 and we will get the groups set up so you can get started ASAP.. Once formed, your group can also decide if you’d like to invite others from church or from the community. Each group once formed will then choose how often and where they will get together. If you have questions, contact Becky Lopez at 651-307-3731.
- WANT TO JOIN A GROUP? A key place we grow is with others. God works in our groups through: 1) relationships & community, 2) Study and Growing toward maturity, 3) Prayer & Care, 4) Missional Service. It’s a GREAT time!! There’s one on Sunday nights: 6:00-6:30 social; study 6:30-8:00p. See Dan and Terri Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the office to get connected.
- Men’s “IRON” Group: Come support and encourage each other in following Christ with your whole life. Come as you can and as you are. Thursdays at 8:15p. Contact Mark Majerus about location (email@example.com).
- College & Young Adults:
Contact Neil Vance, our Youth Director, for more info!
- Join a group your age for some fun, study, and connecting after our 10:45a Sunday Worship Services.
- There is also a lunch on the first Sunday of the month after the 10:45 service.
The Gospel Project: STUDY THE BIBLE ACROSS GENERATIONS
Sunday School Series: Children, Youth, & Adults
With opportunities for personal, small group, & family use!! Join us as we study the same Bible passages across ages!! Our Ministry Teams of Children, Youth, and Adult have all gotten behind this great opportunity!
- Study the whole Bible in an accessible way (and you can join any time to benefit!)
- See how the WHOLE Bible is pointing to Jesus (not just the New Testament).
- Our generations, including families, will be studying the SAME PASSAGES so there is opportunity for deeper discussions across ages.
Where Can I Find It? Children, Youth, and Adults participate in Sunday School. (Middle School will be doing it regularly but High School more intermittently.)
How May You Gain?
We invite and encourage you to consider being part of this for a couple reasons:
- Have the opportunity to study the whole Bible with others.
- Be equipped to engage your family or other generations who are studying the same passages.
- Have Jesus glorified to you in new ways (especially has you study the OT).
- Use the resources given to the children and youth as a teaching time with your child.
Find out more here where you can explore children, student, and adult aspects!
Human Trafficking in Western Wisconsin
What do you know about Sex and Labor Trafficking in our backyard here in Western Wisconsin? Do you know that at our location near the state border victims are “exchanged” between dealers? Do you know what to be aware of? Most victims are not abducted by force but rather by coercion. It is not a child snatched off the street but rather those vulnerable young people who feel unloved, conflicted and have no resources – money, food, shelter – that become susceptible by an offer to have their needs met. If you think about them, you can probably name some that you know.
- Tuesday, April 2, 6:30 Please join Rachel Monaco-Wilcox from LOTUS Legal Clinic of Milwaukee as she shares her knowledge and experience in assisting those who have become victims and as she gives us information on the extent of trafficking in Western Wisconsin, what to be aware of and how LOTUS and we, too, can help someone who is vulnerable to being a victim of trafficking. It could happen to young people you know.Location: River Falls United Methodist church.
- Thursday, April 4, 6:30p Event speaker is Terry Forliti, Executive Director of Breaking Free and a member of the MN Human Trafficking Task Force. Opening remarks by St. Croix County District Attorney Michael Nieskes. Free will offering appreciated. Location: Hudson House, 1616 Crest View Drive, Hudson.
SAVE THE DATE!
“ROAR” Vacation Bible School!
Life is Wild - God is Good! Mark your calendars for our VBS African Adventure “ROAR” from July 28-August 1 from 6:8:30p at FirstCov.
Conference & National Events!
- Northwest Conference Renewal Event! March 29-30 at Grace Covenant in Fargo. Speaker is Michelle Sanchez, the Executive Minister of Make and Deepen Disciples for the Covenant. Visit www.wmnwc.org for more info and to register!
- I AM Triennial gathering for women by women! We are fortunate to have the Triennial close by us this time!. It is being held July 18-21 at Marriott City Center in Minneapolis. VIsit iam.covchurch.org to learn more about the event. Save $30.00 by registering by March 31. Let Wendi Blaubach, Wendy Larson, Lanette Harsdorf or the office know if you are interested in going. We don’t have to stay in a hotel since it’s so close but if you would like too, let us know so we can save money by sharing rooms! Check @theHub for an invitation letter from Michelle Sanchez and registration forms.
FOCUS ON LIFE
March Theme: Worldwide Christian Persecution
Keep using the prayer list from Sunday on various life issues!! And learn about this important area with information, prayer, and tangible steps (right here!) for being Christ’s hands and feet in the world! The Social Concerns Ministry Team provides this monthly reminder for you, your family, and your small group! Check out this summary blog post here to learn more and see this year’s themes. (Subscribe to the blog on the right to get updates in your Inbox.)
MONTHLY RESOURCE FOR FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP
March Theme: Preparing for Easter: Journey to the Cross devotional
Each month, this table will have a resource related to family life (parenting, marriage, etc.)!
The Christian season of preparing for Easter (“Lent”) has begun. Use the “Journey to the Cross” devotional to prepare yourself, as a couple, or as a family! Pick it up at the table under the office window.
- Two Reading Plan Options: 1) weekly or 2) 10-daily for the Easter week/season.